Thursday, May 31, 2012

FLOW, WATER, RELAXATION, SPA AT THE LAKE

A joyful experience
My friend Christine was relating a joyful experience over dinner last week. She had a massage a few days before which greatly relaxed her. On the way home, she felt radiant and expansive. At a red light she turned her head and saw a cyclist, also stopped at the intersection, who was watching her with great interest. He waved with sparkling eyes and an appreciative smile, then raised his hitchhiker’s thumb. She waved back feeling incredibly alive and attractive. The light turned green and they each went their own way. She was still glowing as she described how rejuvenating the whole experience was.
Relaxation to stay in the flow of life
To me, this description captures the essence of relaxation and its power to bring us back into the flow of life. When relaxed, we can be present to life’s gifts and opportunities; we can savour them and act spontaneously in harmony with the moment. I experienced a full day like that this past Friday. After meditation, still in my pyjamas, I had breakfast and started pulling out ingredients as if ready to make a moisturizer. I hadn’t planned that, but thank God I listened to the flow as I was out of Pitta moisturizer! By the time I finished making this new batch, it felt as if this is the best Pitta cream I have ever made.

Dancing in the rain
Labelling the jars is also a great pleasure as it feels as though I am dressing my girls up to go out. During the process, I realized that it was starting to rain but the sun could be seen trying to pierce through the dark clouds. The rain burst out, splattering heavy drops straight down and with great gusto. I ran outside to enjoy the shower and started to laugh out loud as the sun came out and making the fresh leaves of the spring trees glitter. I felt that I was one of them.

These seemingly disconnected events stand out in my mind as I am wondering what to write for this blog.

Having my cake, eating it and sharing it too
The question is: How can we stay in the flow? Relaxation is number 1, and doing things we love greatly helps. Here are things that help me relax and bring me joy:

connecting with people individually and in community settings
sunshine, warmth and fire
 water and swimming in a clean lake
 beauty, colours, textures, creativity
 touching people’s rainbow (beauty and aura)
 scents of all kinds
 energy/healing work
 sharing meals with good company
 being surrounded by nature
  R&R time
 meditation

      Possible to enjoy all these things at the same time? Are there people who relax and find joy in the same things, who would like to join me to appreciate all that?… To find out, I rented a wonderful place in Lady Smith/Lac-des-Loups,    on the shore of Thorn Lake, from July 19 to 27.

Me and you and a dog named... Sam

Here is how I plan to relax and have fun:

Invite groups of 3 or 4 people for
2- or 3-day spa packages that includes:
  • A pre-spa assessment to meet and identify your needs and what to bring
  • 1 bioenergetic/Ayurvedic facial
  • 1 or 2 treatments (depending on package) between shirodara, eye treatment, herbal body wrap, bioenergetic massage
  • 1 aromatherapy workshop (essential oils for summer)
  • a beautiful camping spot by the lake to pitch your tent
  • 5 or 7 vegeterian meals
  • swimming in a gloriously clean, quiet lake 
  • plenty of R&R time and
Additional activities can be added, for example:
  • 30 min. customized aromatherapy session
  • 30 min. visualization to meet your inner guide(s)
  • 15 min. tea leaves reading
Of course, sunscreen, bug repellent (although minimal need at this time of summer) and other Face to Grace products will be available.

Whether you want to release stress, recharge your batteries, be pampered, take R&R time, experience nature at its best, or all of the above, I would love you to join me in this relaxing adventure.

Visit www.facetograce.com/#!__whatsnew for details and contact me at info@facetograce.com to book your pre-spa assessment. And please share this blog with family members and friends.

Face to Grace is looking for a volunteer cook in exchange for a free stay and 2 treatments.





No comments:

Post a Comment